It has once again been a quiet March here in Niseko with international visitors to Japan almost non existent. While it has been a little lonely the upside has been even quieter slopes and March is usually pretty quiet. This March has been similar to last March in other ways too, the best of which has been a nice scattering of powder days and some blue skies to go with them. It has been a great reminder of how good March can be here and below we've put together another 6 great reasons to vist in March.
1. The weather - Although the powder days aren't as consistent as they are earlier in the season they do still come and you are much more likley to have them coincide with some sunshine as you can see above! This March saw over 80cm of snow fall on the upper mountain which was spread accross the month meaning some great powder days!
2. Choice of accommodation - Less visitors in March means more accommodation to choose from and you'll get it for a fraction of the cost. Holiday Niseko offer up to 60% off in March so value wise it's hard to beat.
3. March is awesome for kids! - Kids love skiing in March the snow is soft and spring like, it's not going to be -12 and a howling bilzzard, goggles don't fog, gloves are easy to put on, noses don't get cold, the sun is more likely to shine and the learner slopes won't be crowded. Lets go Mum & Dad!
4. Deals - Accommodation isn't the only thing on special, during a regular winter you can also expect deals on rentals, lift passes and lessons. We are hoping that 2022 will once again bring the kids ski fee deals with 1 childs pass free for every adult lift pass purchased and the same deal for rental equipment from you favourite providers, awesome!
5. Dining - During a normal winter most restaurants are open until April or beyond and there's usually no need to book these in advance as they won't be too busy. If you do wish to book restaurants our front desk team will be more than happy to assist when you arrive at the resort.
Bookings are now open for 2021 so if you are interested in finding out more on visiing Niseko in March or you thinking of coming at different dates please feel free to get in touch with any questions or queries. You can reach us on (email@example.com) anytime.